5/22 More PCR

After looking at the results from the previous gel we ran, we think some of the DNA we are using might be degrading. We redid a chelex extraction with cereals A and B. Then, we ran PCR with the new DNA from those two cereals, a negative control (just the primers), and a positive control (Cereal D) using both sets of primers (Rubisco and GMO). We are hoping to have better results with the new DNA. Going forward, we are also going to try a different type of DNA extraction and hope we get better quality DNA.

lindsay 2

Making New PCR Reactions

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s